I must confess, I am a ThinkGeek fan! Love all their amazing amazingness on their website! My life will be complete the day I have every single item at their store…I have to win the lottery now. I am going to need a big house for all my ThinkGeek-ness!
This will be the second time around that I do a review for ThinkGeek (to read my first review go here). This time I bring you two ideas for the perfect Father’s Day gift.
Maybe there’s a guy in your life, whether it is your husband or your day, that’s a geek at heart….or maybe you are the geek and need a reason to get this amazing Boogie Board LCD Tablet! Hey, my boys use it more than Tyler does!
- Parental Unit: Grocery lists, honey-do’s, chores list, scoreboard for family game night
- Monkey-suited Executive: Take notes at meetings, draw buzzword-laden charts
- Artiste: Quick sketching exercises, doodles
- Mad Scientist: Molecules, schematics, master plans
- (Perpetual) Student: Handwriting, math, homework to-do list
- Monkey: Banana inventory, poo-to-target success rate
I do not have actual monkeys at home but I am pretty sure that little J. might want to use the board for banana or strawberry inventory as well!! Scratch would use it to score how many squirrels he has caught (which is zero). A. will use it for his car inventory and doodles. Tyler could use it for….notes?
As you can see, the board is pretty thin (1/8″ thick) and could be carried around (4.2 ounces) in your purse or laptop bag or briefcase, whatever it is that you use. It comes with a stainless steel, telescoping stylus. But we figured out you can also use your finger nails to doodle. I am pretty sure you can use a spoon as well. Just be careful!!
What would my board say?
It would leave a little comment to the coffee trolls. That cup ain’t gonna fill itself, you know?!
And maybe you really see no need for a Boogie Board. But I am pretty sure there is something else you and the father in your life will most definitely need. I must say it has to be added to everyone’s MUST HAVE list, specially when your iPhone 3Gs battery life is shorter than that of a fly! Of course I am talking of the JuiceBar Portable Solar Charger!
- Pocket size universal battery charger
- High capacity 1500 mAh Li-ion battery
- Contains 12 different connectors
- Charges via USB connection or solar panel
- Solar panel: 5.5 volt/80 mAh
- Includes: JuiceBar, connectors, accessory bag, USB cable, charging cable
It is pretty small in size, right between an iPhone 3Gs and an iPod. Its only downsize is that it take full 15 hours to charge. But simply plop it on a window sill, the brightest window in your house, and leave it there all day while at home or whenever you know you won’t need it. And you are set!
I am pretty sure it will come in handy when we make our super long drive later in the month. I am pretty sure my iPhone will surely need it!! Gotta have my instagram, you know!?
It costs $49.99 but it pays for itself, almost, right away! What better way than to charge your phones with solar power, which is, practically, free! It would be awesome if you live in California or Florida where you get sun 24/7…here in Portland it takes for ever! Darn overcast skies!
And what is best, is that it charges PSPs!! Now that is awesome! Now…all I need to do is get a game I can actually play. That Sonic guy is impossible!
And just so that you don’t lose all those loose all the connectors, the battery charger comes with a pouch with two compartments! One for the charger itself and one for the connectors and cables!
Now tell me this isn’t the best gift for Father’s Day!!
– GET IT –
Find all ThinkGeek amazingness online!
– WIN IT –
Open US & Canada only!!
Contest ends June 16, 2011 @ midnight PST.
You must be 18 years or older.
Comments not meeting requirements will be deleted.
Please, only one email per person.
The mandatory entry must be done for any other entries to count.
Follow From PDX with Love publicly through GFC (bar @ the bottom of the page) and tell me other product from ThinkGeek you think would make a great Father’s Day gift!
Extra entries (1 comment each unless otherwise noted)
- Follow From PDX with Love on Twitter
- Follow ThinkGeek on Twitter
- Like From PDX with Love on FB
- Like ThinkGeek on FB
- Subscribe to From PDX with Love Rss Feed
- Subscribe to From PDX with Love via email (sidebar) +2
- Tweet: #win a $50 giftcard to @thinkgeek @frompdxwithlove http://bit.ly/jsOzxL #contest #giveaway #fathersday #gifts #monkey ENDS 06/16 +1 each (twice a day) leave link to your status
- Vote for us on Picket Fence Blogs (can be done daily)
- Blog about the giveaway (leave a link on your comment to the post on your blog) +2
- Enter another of my giveaways +2 each
EXTRA ENTRY Grab my button! +5
Winner will be chosen using random.org and will be contacted via email. The winner will have 48hrs to respond or another winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: This was not a paid post. The opinions stated are my own and were in no way influenced by the Hosting Company who graciously provided the product for me to review. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.