We all know that washing your teeth at least twice a day is of upmost importance, specially for little people’s teeth. It is commonly known that, for some odd reason, our teeth can cause heart problems (yup, bad teeth will cause heart issues). I must say I am not the best when it comes to oral hygiene. I brush my teeth once a day and never floss. Never had, OK maybe a few times? But I still have not had anything done to my teeth (except for having to wear a retainer for a year). I guess I am lucky, or it could be due to my distaste of chewy candy and caramel. They like it so much that you can find them walking around the house brushing their teeth! We used to use the popular brand of toothpaste for kids but we soon switched to The Natural Dentist line of toothpaste and I must say we all love it! This does not mean my boys have strong teeth like mine. I still have to take the best care of my boys’ teeth. since not doing so can harm their adult teeth. Lucky for me, both my boys love to brush their teeth!!
The dentistry sent us a great pack full of oral care goodies, toothpaste and mouth wash to help us take care of our teeth! This is what we got:
- Sensitivity. I have always had sensitive teeth. Eating a popsicle will hurt my upper teeth and I’ll make silly faces as if I had just eaten something sour. Thanks to this toothpaste my teeth feel so much better! I can bite into a popsicle with barely any pain. I guess I have to keep brushing my teeth with the sensitivity toothpaste so they don’t go back to their old selves.
Contains fluoride to strengthen teeth and prevent cavities.*
- Whitening. I love this toothpaste! Without using any bleach it helps you whiten your teeth. At first I was not so into the flavor since it is not as minty as strong as the other brands have. But I got to like it the more I used it. I have noticed that my teeth hurt way less than they used to (I alternate days between the sensitivity and the whitening toothpastes). I have noticed a change in shade on my teeth. They are not as white as when I used the whitening strips (which cause my gums to get sensitive) but there has been a change. My teeth look whiter and they might look even whiter if I would just stop drinking coffee!! Oh well, coffee wins!
Contains no peroxide or other harsh chemicals; and like all Natural Dentist toothpastes, does not use SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate).*
- Kid’s Cavity Zapper. It comes in two flavors: Berry Blast and Groovy Grape. And the boys love, love, LOVE them!! I read that Birmingham Dental Specialists have suggested that, kids have their own tooth paste, seperate from their siblings and parents. This makes it more special to them, they take more responsibility for it. Knowing that, it’s only normal that they each have their very own toothpaste now! A. always brushes his teeth with the Berry Blast and would brush his teeth 3 times in a row if you let him! J., on the other hand, prefers to use the Groovy Grape.
An all-natural gel-like formulation delivers cavity zapping fluoride every time they brush. No artificial dyes, sweeteners, or preservatives.*
- Healthy White Pre-Wash. I don’t use it 100% of the time (like when I am running late) but it is awesome for pre-brushing with the whitening toothpaste. It is a great combo and works great (again, insert the fact that I like my
morningcoffee). I do not like the taste at all. It is a bit bitter and odd, but nothing too bad, it is just different (and natural). The taste is well worth the results!
Healthy White Pre-Brush Rinse uses a gentle non-abrasive bamboo silica to get your teeth whiter.*
- Healthy Gums. I have never had irritated gums, except that one time I used the whitening strips for two weeks, they got sore, but besides that I must say that my gums are pretty healthy. This doesn’t mean that I can’t take precautions and this is what the Healthy Gums from The Natural Dentist does to me. The flavor is way better than the whitening pre-wash. This rinse comes in Peppermint Twist (the one I tried) and Orange Zest.
Healthy Gums has been subjected to numerous clinical studies and is considered effective treatment for serious conditions by periodontists and dentists.*
- Cavity Zapper Fluoride Rinse. This mouth rinse was made specially for kids. We have never used it since it is a mouth rinse for kids 6 and up and my boys are still little. But I must say that I love the idea of a fluoride rinse that will help make my boys’ teeth stronger and cavity free.
ADA-accepted and recommended for children 6 years old and up.*
I must say that I love The Naturak Dentist. Their prices range from $6-$7.50, well worth the price. IF you are looking for a natural alternative to toothpaste and mouth rinses The Natural Dentist is the way to go.
– GET IT –
– WIN IT –
One (1) lucky reader of From PDX with Love will win a The Natural Dentist prize pack worth over $50!
Open US only!!
Contest ends December 20, 2011 @ midnight MDT.
You must be 18 years or older.
Comments not meeting requirements will be deleted.
Please, only one email per person.
The mandatory entry must be done for any other entries to count.
The winner will be chosen using random.org (via Rafflecopter) and will be notified via email.
The winner will have 48hrs to respond or another winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: This was not a paid post. The opinions stated are my own and were in no way influenced by the Hosting Company who graciously provided the product for me to review. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
* Excerpts taken off TheNaturalDentist.com