One of the perks of being back in the lovely Northwest is the ability to bake! Yup, tried to bake in Colorado and every single try was a failed one. So, of course, as soon as we moved back my baking urges resurfaced. But this time I decided I had to try something new: peanut butter chocolate chip oatmeal cookies!
I have never made any sort of oatmeal cookies. Actually, I am not much of an oatmeal person, but I love trying new things (except the ones that put me feet above the ground).
I did some research online until I found a recipe that worked for me. Of course, like with every recipe I make, I did some tweaking (see original recipe here).
Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
½ cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup oats*
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips**
‣ Preheat oven to 350°
‣ In a mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, salt). Set aside.
‣ In another mixing bowl, cream together the sugars, butter, and vanilla. Mix in the eggs one at a time.
‣ Gradually add the flour. Stir in the oats and chocolate chips.** (I found it easier to mix them in with my hands).
‣ Drop by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
‣ Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool cookies on wire rack.
If you give them a go, let me know!! Hope you like them! 😀 They were delish….!!
* I added an extra ½ cup since I used Coach’s Oats cracked oats.
** Options – Replace chocolate chips for raisins or butterscotch chips. May also add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans.