Asparagus has to be my most favorite vegetable. It is also the main ingredient of one of my favorite dishes, asparagus soup. And let me tell you, I do not do soups, I simply prefer not to.
I usually steam the asparagus but they end up so bland. I am always on the look out for tastier ways to cook vegetables that does not involve the boiling powers of water.
Just recently I gave this recipe a try and fell in love with it! Every single piece was gone so fast! So I thought I should share it with all of you!
Roasted Garlic & Parsley Asparagus
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus, ends trimmed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley (3 tablespoons if dried)
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced (3 tablespoons garlic powder)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place asparagus in a baking pan in a single layer.
- Sprinkle parsley and garlic over the asparagus.
- Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until just tender, anything between 5 to 8 minutes.
- Serve hot.
I last used this recipe to go with my first attempt at making Chicken Kiev. That dinner was seriously delicious!! For your starch you can make some simple, buttery rice, some vino, and enjoy!