Mister J. has always liked shoes. Ever since he was able to roam around the house and go on adventures to mommy’s closet he has been quite fond of shoes. Once upon a time he’d wear them all the time…now he tosses them away as soon as make it through the door, mostly times blocking everyone from coming in.
A few weeks back I came upon Friendly Rooster and fell in love with their shoes. Can’t blame me, it is just that their shoes are totally adorable!! Specially the girl shoes, but I have boys so all I can do is drool all over them through my computer screen…
Tip Toey Joey Grind Sneakers features (try saying it 5 times fast!):
- Genuine leather upper and shoe lining. The color, army green, screams boy all the way!! The leather is soft and keeps the water away from the skin (we had arduous puddle jumping tests while wearing them, and J’s feet were dry afterwards).
- Padded ankle rim and insole make for a comfortable fit on little feet which is so important as they develop and grow, nobody wants to keep their tiny toes all scrunched up in their shoes, right?
- Elastic laces and elastic detail at heel. This has to be my favorite feature since it makes this shoe easy to slip on while helping little feet stay in place. J. has started to show interest on dressing himself and the elastic on these shoes will seriously make it easier for him to put on and take off all by him self.
- Flexible all natural rubber soles with non-skid bottoms. On the Grind sneakers the soles are so cute!! They are made to look worn out.
- Foot bed is cushioned for comfort. Little feet need to be kept protected. Toddlers and little kids run all around the place and having a good shoe with great sole padding is of utmost importance.
When the shoes came in the mail J was so excited he asked me to put them on right away. He ran all over the place and did not let me take them off until he had to go take a bath. The sneakers soon became his to go to shoes. Who would have thought a 2 year old boy would be so fond of a pair of shoes.
It did not last long. After a few wears he decided he did not want to wear them. But a week later he decided to try them on again. I think it has become a vicious circle of shoes, which, now that I notice, are all green!
– GET IT –
Find Friendly Rooster online.
The Grind Sneakers retail at $48 and can be found online.
– GET SOCIAL –
Disclosure: This was not a paid post. The opinions stated are my own and were in no way influenced by the Hosting Company who graciously provided the product for me to review.