Fedora represent style, class, and sophistication. Even though they are mostly seen as a men’s accessory, trendy women can add it to their style repertoire. I’ve been looking for a fedora hat for my own and now that I have one I had to do some research on what to wear with a fedora. Not every single outfit works with it, believe me, I have a couple fedora faux pas…oops!
There is not right or wrong way to wear a fedora, or a hat for that matter. There is one thing to consider right from the start:
Fit. Make sure that the hat fits you right. Not too tight, not to big. It the hat is too big it will wobble on your head. If it is too tight it will leave a mark on both your hair and forehead.
If the hat fits you just right you will look amazing!
How to wear a fedora
- Trendy look. Wear a blouse and skinny jeans. Flats or stilettos. Top the look with a fedora that matches your outfit.
- Summer look. Wear a maxi dress with stilettos or sandals. Add bangles, hoop earrings (or no earrings at all). Beach waves and a straw fedora.
- Girly look. Wear a skirt with flow. Pair it with a simple shirt, flats, wedges, and a fedora.
Photo: New York Girl Style
- Business formal. Recreate a men’s business look. Wear a formal women’s suit with a collared shirt. To top the outfit, wear a simple wool or tweed fedora.
- Business casual. Wear casual slacks or skirt with a fitted blouse. Closed-toe heels with whatever jewelry you normally wear. Pair with a fedora with a patterned band that matches your outfit.
All in all, just have fun! If it works it works, if it doesn’t oy vey! What makes fedoras so amazing is that you will look pulled together, specially on those dreaded bad hair days! Bad hair with an attitude? Tame it with a fedora!