I love Autumn. Growing up Autumn meant rain. And lots of it. But not the kind of rain the Pacific Northwest gets. Compared to Guadalajara, rain here is more like a little drizzle. Back home, rain meant old school beetles floating on flooded street (who even designed that one road specifically was a dumb nut).
Washington’s Autumn is close to what it is back home. Both places get rain. But due to the difference in foliage and temperatures here in the Northwest you actually see the leaves change color. I find this extremely beautiful. It is not your New England Autumn but it is close.
Reasons why I love Autumn
Reasons are many. Let me share them with you.
- Apples. Picking. Cider. Pies. Apple butter.
- Candles. Turn off the lights and light some candles.
- Hot chocolate. Without marshmallows for me, please.
- Early Grey with a splash of lemon.
- Chilly wind playing with your hair.
- Sweaters. Of all colors, styles, and sizes.
- Scarves. My favorite accessory ever.
- Gloves. Gotta keep my fingers warm!
- Socks. Ankle socks, short socks, knee high socks. Cute, colorful, and even, at times, my husband’s!
- Food. Warm soups. Stuffing. Pies. Cakes. Chocolate chip cookies.
- Fireplaces. Sitting by the fire reading a book.
- Rain. I can stare at the rain for hours. It reminds me of home. Plus, once the rain is over it smells so good outside!
- Smells. Love the way Autumn smells (at least in our small city). It is so fresh.
- Cuddling with my boys.
- Wardrobe. Boots, long sleeves, ponchos.
- Halloween. Who doesn’t like to go trick or treating?!
- Thanksgiving. Love having the family together and watching my husband baking the turkey.
But what I love the most is the colors in Nature:
This is not something you see in Mexico so being able to have this surround me every day of Autumn is amazing. Just give me my camera and I’ll be a happy girl!! I could snap pictures of the same leaf for hours in the day! Hey, gotta try every single angle possible!
Soon Autumn will be giving way to Winter. Even cooler temperatures, (hopefully) snow, Christmas trees, lights, movies, and nights.
So tell us…
What do you love most about Autumn?