I grew up in a hose with a rather large plant-to-furniture ratio, one where plants easily outnumbered the furniture. And my mom’s current house is the same; plants are everywhere! My mom has a green thumb which my genes decided was not that important for me. I still want to have a house with plants in every room (except the boys’ room, of course). And I have been doing just so, little by little. Maybe a little bit too slow? But today I want you all to meet my new addition: a lovely Gardenia Bonsai Tree which smells heavenly!
I received this gardenia bonsai tree from The Soothing Company and the moment it came in the mail I could instantly smell the sweet scent of the sole gardenia bloom.
Some of the leaves where brown due to being in the box during the shipment. Talking of which, was fast and with out any problems. Even the packaging was supreme, making sure the branches were not to break. It is always nice to find companies that make sure their products get shipped and received in pristine conditions.
When I got the bonsai tree only one bud was open. Unfortunately it never got to fully bloom, but now I have, easily, about 15 buds getting ready to open. I can only imagine what this little gardenia bonsai tree is going to smell like once they all bloom! Ahh…
The bonsai tree is beautiful but hard to tend. It is a bonsai after all, and it is well known that bonsais are not the easiest of plants.
Tending to a Gardenia Bonsai Tree
Like with every bonsai tree, you must tend to this bonsai tree with as much care as possible. Here are a few tips on how to care for your Gardenia Bonsai Tree:
- Acclimate your bonsai for the first week in a shady space. Move the bonsai to a spot that receives morning sun and afternoon shade.
- This is an outdoor bonsai tree and is preferable that they spend as little time indoors as possible.
- Do not let your bonsai’s soil to dry out. When watering your bonsai make sure to soak the dirt until the water runs out of the bottom.
- Mist your bonsai a few days a week.
- This bonsai tree requires nutrient supplements. Water-soluble and time-released fertilizers work well.
- During winter allow your bonsai tree to spend the time outdoors but make sure to keep its roots protected from sharp temperatures.
– GET IT –
Find The Soothing Company online.
Gardenia Bonsai Tree $40
– GET SOCIAL –
Disclosure: This was not a paid post. The opinions stated are my own and were in no way influenced by the Hosting Company who graciously provided the product for me to review.