I am stuck. And writer’s block sucks…big time and it is making me sad. Argh…what is worse is that there are days where I can write a full week’s worth of posts with out the need to ever blink.
But today…well, I am stuck as a duck in a truck (?).
Writer’s Block: stuck as a duck in a truck
Of course I Googled writer’s block to try to find something that would make my brain click. I thought it was going to be helpful but I am still scratching my head.
I did find a few ideas:
- Take a walk outside: hmm….sorry, can’t. See, my boys are naping so I don’t think leaving them at home is such a good idea.
- Pretend to talk to a monkey: I have two monkeys, one will actually sit on your head if you let him and his name is Mister J. (well, sort of). Therefore, talking to a monkey is not that unusual at my house.
- Write five words and make sentences with them, and blah blah blah: all I can think is: socks, ketchup, writer’s block, nap, coffee. I doubt I can do much with that….
- I did not take a nap because my writer’s block was caused by a hot cup of coffee with a sock full of ketchup.
- Write non-stop for 10 minutes: I doubt anyone would like to read a post about socks and ketchup (these have always been the first two words that come to mind every time I am asked to think of a random word).
- Write a poem about ___________: I don’t do poetry; no can’t do.Pass….NEXT!
- Get ideas from other blogs: and by ideas…I mean ideas not simple copy-paste. And this is something I have done but today I just couldn’t find anything that made my fingers tap my keyboard with giddiness. Plus while perusing other blogs you can find new blogs worth reading!! 🙂
- And my favorite…simply don’t write anything for a day or two…except I do want to write something like. now.
So instead I decided to write about why I am not following all the tips to overcome writer’s block. Sometimes you just can’t go out for a walk, not write, come with something fresh, and all you can think of is socks and ketchup.
Writer’s block sucks!
What do you do when you are overcome with writer’s block?