I am so ready for 2013 to be over. It was definitely not my year. I cannot lie and say that nothing good came out of it, because some great things did happened. For example:
- A. started school and he loves it! He loves his teacher, he loves having a group of friends, and he is more than excited to go to school every morning (he would take the school bus at 6am if possible).
- We got a cat: Mister O’Malley. I have always wanted a cat, although my dad hates them, even when little…and it finally happened this year.
- The boys got to, finally, meet their Grandfather who lives in China (or is it lived now?). And as predicted, Grandpa and A. hit it off right away.
- Snow in Bellingham! We even made our very own Frosty.
- I, sort of, kind of, learned to golf.
- I lost 10 pounds.
- We took a road trip to Portland.
- I got my driver’s license. I’m 28.
- I finally started making some money through my blog (not a lot, but it was something).
- Christmas was great and Thanksgiving was spent with friends and family.
People do stupid things. These stupid actions have an impact on other people. Simple butterfly effect, right?
These stupid things created huge problems in the family (in-laws) and business relationships were broken. This led my husband to a vast amount of stress which led me to stress out as well. Which then led to my husband not telling me about what was going on between him and the issuer of stupid decisions and the business. Which then led to my husband and I barely talking to each other (who wants me stressed out?). Which led to a miserable summer.
A quarter of 2013 was spent in depression which led to me loosing 10 pounds. I don’t eat when I’m depressed, so my weight loss wasn’t at all healthy.
Things improved and now my husband and I are talking to each other and closer than ever (oh, so corny). But then…
My brother-in-law stayed at our house for about a month (give or take a week) which made for a very uncomfortable few weeks. During this period of time we lost O’Malley thanks to my brother-in-law coming home drunk at 10pm. There goes my life long dream of having a cat.