Cakes: A sweet serving for all your special occasions.
No occasion or festival can see the light of completion without cakes. Cakes bring that flavor of fun to your occasion. People have a tendency of remembering a particular occasion through the food and desserts served. Therefore, a perfect cake is very important for your occasion. Nowadays, you can order cake online and serve your loved ones.
We have one unconventional yet simple cake recipe for you that would leave your loved ones and guests amazed.
Semolina Coconut Cake with Orange & Rose Waters:
1 cup crushed sugar
Finely grated zest of 2 lemons
1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
1⁄4 cup orange blossom water
2 tbsp. rose water
1 cup vegetable oil, plus more
All-purpose flour, for dusting
2 1⁄2 cups fine semolina
1 cup desiccated coconut
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs, plus 1 egg white
Petals from 2 organic pink roses
1 cup superfine sugar
- Combine sugar with the lemon zest and juice along with orange blossom and rose waters, and 2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 15 minutes and then remove and pour through a fine sieve to remove the zest, and let it cool completely.
- Heat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease and flour a cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Now whisk the semolina with 3⁄4 cup coconut, the baking powder, and salt until evenly combined.
- Whisk the sweetened condensed milk with the 1 cup oil, the vanilla, and 2 eggs until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake until the cake is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the cake to a rack and let stand until the syrup is absorbed.
- Pour the remaining syrup over the cake and let it cool. Transfer the cake to the refrigerator and chill for at least 8 hours.
- Whisk the egg white until frothy. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat the rose petals in egg white and immediately dredge in superfine sugar until well coated.
- Transfer the rose petals to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and let them dry at room temperature for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve, unmold the cake, transfer to a cake stand or plate, and arrange the rose petals over the top in concentric circles.
- Heat the remaining 5 tablespoons coconut over medium and cook, tossing, until lightly browned and fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer the coconut to a bowl and let cool. Sprinkle the toasted coconut over the rose petals and cake before serving.
You would get many such unconventional cakes via online cake delivery.