The Zebra trademark was adopted in 1914. Legend has it that Mr. Ishikawa, founder of Zebra Co. Ltd., wanted a company name that would be memorable and also appropriate for their export business to other countries. He took an English/Japanese dictionary and, opening it Japanese style from the back, started with the “Z” words. He stopped at “Zebra”.
Upon further research, Mr. Ishikawa found that zebras are gentle animals with a strong family herding instinct. This was an important attribute, since he wanted to build a business in which employees and customers were all part of a family-like culture. The fact that the zebra looks like it is decorated with large calligraphic pen strokes may have also appealed to the visual image he was seeking.”
-Excerpt from ZebraPens.com
I love pens as much as I love socks, and if you’ve been visiting my blog often, well, you know how much I love me some socks!
Pens are so much fun, specially if they are pink and purple!! Yeah, that’s the little excited girl in me!
NEW Z-Grip Daisies (ARV $3.75/5 pack)
• Floral fashion designs and vibrant colors
• Form-fitting rubber grip
• Convenient, retractable plunger
• Grip color matches 5 ink colors: fuchsia, violet, teal, light green and orange.
I LOVE this pens! The rubber grip is great and very helpful, no more fighting with a pen! I love the colors. The purple and fuchsia are my favorite followed by the blue, green and orange, which I originally thought it was meant to be yellow. The light green is a bit more of an olive green but still pretty.
I can’t wait to write my friend Liz with my new pens!!
• Fun pencils that never need sharpening (MSRP $.41 each pencil).
• 6 different vibrant, fun graphic themes available in the following colors:
. Blue – space
. Light Blue – handprints
. Green – sports
. Yellow – music
. Orange – ice cream
. White – party
• Solid, wood case design barrel
• Large, colorful eraser to advance lead or refill
• Ideal for standardized tests
• Refillable with standard 0.7mm lead
Is it just me or does your handwriting looks better when you use your favorite pen? Or maybe it looks better when you use a pencil! I may confess that I do believe that my handwriting, which is not the prettiest, as you can see (yup, that’s my penmanship) looks better with a blue ink pen or pencil. So imagine how ecstatic I was when I also reviewed Zebra Pen’s new Cadoozles!! They are super light and gotta love the designs! There are girly ones and boy inspired!
The white Cadoozle is not in my picture since I couldn’t find it! Later I realized it was stuck in my hair! Oops…
These mechanical pencils are perfect for little kids who are just getting used to using pencils since they are so light. Plus, little hands will love the designs!
– GET IT –
Zebra Pen products can be found nationwide at Staples, Office Max, Office Depot, Walmart, K-Mart, and other office supply stores, discount chains, food and drug retailers, stationery stores and wholesale clubs.
– WIN IT –
One (1) lucky readers of From PDX with Love will win the same Zebra Pen pack I received!
Open US only !
Contest ends February 8, 2011 @ midnight PST.
You must be 18 years or older.
Comments not meeting requirements will be deleted.
The mandatory entry must be done for any other entries to count.
Follow From PDX with Love publicly through GFC (bar @ the bottom of the page) and then visit Zebra Pen and share with us which is their favorite product!
Z-Grip Daisies and Cadoozles do not count!
Extra entries (1 comment each unless otherwise noted)
- Follow From PDX with Love on Twitter
- Follow Zebra Pen on Twitter
- Like From PDX with Love on FB
- Like Zebra Pen on FB
- Subscribe to From PDX with Love YouTube Channel +2
- Subscribe to From PDX with Love Rss Feed
- Subscribe to From PDX with Love via email (sidebar) +2
- Tweet: #win a colorful @ZebraPen pen and pencil pack @frompdxwithlove http://bit.ly/hJlvGQ #giveaway #contest #school #colorful ENDS 02/08 +1 each (twice a day) leave link to your status
- Vote for us on Picket Fence Blogs (can be done daily)
- Blog about the giveaway (leave a link on your comment to the post on your blog) +3
- Enter another of my giveaways +2 each
Winner will be chosen using random.org and will be contacted via email. The winner will have 48hrs to respond or another winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: I received Zebra Pen products for review purposes. No other form of compensation was received. The opinions stated are my own and were in no way influenced by Zebra Pen Corp.