Shenzhen Ceramic Knives can be used by anyone for most slicing and cutting needs. These ceramic knives are made of an advanced ceramic called zirconia, the second hardest material known to man next to diamond. The material’s properties make it particularly resistant to wear and tear.”
-Excerpt taken off ShenzhenKnives.com
- Holds edge much longer than steel. Ceramic’s hardness means that the ceramic blade will resist wear and remain sharper.
- Rust proof. Non-stick surface makes the ceramic blade easy to clean.
- No metallic taste or smell. Given the ceramic blade’s characteristics, the ceramic knife will not interact with your food’s taste.
- Zirconium oxide is harder than ordinary steel and almost as hard as diamond. This means the ceramic knife keeps its edge much longer than a steel blade. Thus with proper care, ceramic knives can go many months or years without sharpening.
I got the opportunity of reviewing their ceramic peeler.
Tyler was the first one to give it a try. He really liked the ease of the peeler. It painlessly peels the skin off vegetables. He liked the sharpness of the blade as well.
I just gave it a try a couple of days ago. Lately I have been peeling potatoes with a paring knife so it took me a bit to get used to the peeler again. I liked the peeler for the exact same reasons as Tyler: easy, sharp, fast.
We did not like the size of the blade. It is too big for what we are used to work with . But like all things, once must get used to new things, right?
And trust me when I say that the blade is sharp! I already peeled my finger!! And it hurt…it felt like a paper cut.
– GET IT –
– WIN IT –
One (1) lucky readers of From PDX with Love will win a Shenzhen Knives Ceramic Peeler!
Open US only !
Contest ends February 28, 2011 @ midnight PST.
You must be 18 years or older.
Comments not meeting requirements will be deleted.
The mandatory entry must be done for any other entries to count.
Follow From PDX with Love publicly through GFC (bar @ the bottom of the page) and tell me which other of their products do you like the best (besides the peeler).
Extra entries (1 comment each unless otherwise noted)
- Follow From PDX with Love on Twitter
- Like From PDX with Love on FB
- Subscribe to From PDX with Love Rss Feed
- Subscribe to From PDX with Love via email (sidebar) +2
- Tweet: #win a ceramic peeler from Shenzhen Knives @frompdxwithlove http://bit.ly/hKZqey #giveaway #contest #food #kitchen @cooking ENDS 02/28 +1 each (twice a day) leave link to your status
- Vote for us on Picket Fence Blogs (can be done daily)
- Blog about the giveaway (leave a link on your comment to the post on your blog) +2
- Enter another of my giveaways +2 each
Winner will be chosen using random.org and will be contacted via email. The winner will have 48hrs to respond or another winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: I received a ceramic peeler for review purposes. No other form of compensation was received. The opinions stated are my own and were in no way influenced by Shenzhen Knives or any PR Agent.