Eco Sprout was started by a WAHD, that’s right… a Work-at-home-dad who was looking for a cloth diaper detergent that was great for not just cloth diapers, but for the entire family’s laundry. It wasn’t easy, he wanted something that was environmentally friendly, biodegradable, and 100% natural. But it had to work! It had to CLEAN the diapers too. After months of trial and research he finally did it! Came up with the perfect balance that resulted in clean diapers, derived from natural ingredients, 100% bio-degradable, and kicked the ammonia smell!
I will be honest, we do not use cloth diapers. So why am I reviewing Eco Sprout? Well, I’ve read a lot of great reviews of Eco Sprout and I thought well if it works for cloth diapers it has to work for dirty toddler underwear! Right?
We received 4 sample packages which means 4 different scents: In The Buff, Sandalwood Vanilla, Warm Vanilla Sugar, Lavender Chamomille.
My mom used to use cloth diapers with my two younger siblings. And I remember the hassel it was to clean them. Yup, I used to help my mom clean my little brother and sister’s poopie diapers, pretty gross. So I know how hard it is to get rid of the smell. And the stains…yucks.
Using Eco Sprout is pretty simple:
- Fill a tub, washing machine, sink or bucket with enough HOT water to fully submerge your diapers in. If you have an HE machine, the tub method usually works the best in order to get enough water.
- Use 3 tablespoons of Eco Sprout detergent mixed in with the hot water, less detergent for fewer diapers.
- Add all your diapers and inserts and let them soak for 2-5 hours. Overnight if possible for a really good soak.
- Drain all the water from the tub or washing machine.
- Wash all the diapers and inserts again with 2 full HOT water washes/cold rinses with NO DETERGENT at all.
- This will completely rinse out your diapers and they will be nice and clean!
I love this detergent. It is not only great for cloth diapers (and getting rid of the ammonia smell), boy’s underwear but it is great for those who have sensitive skin.
So if you have had trouble finding a detergent for your cloth diapers make sure to give Eco Sprout a try. They are working on so many other products so keep them under the radar!
– GET IT –
– WIN IT –
One (1) lucky reader of From PDX with Love will win a 24oz bag (24 to 48 loads) of Eco Sprout Detergent!
Open US only !
Contest ends March 24, 2011 @ midnight PST.
You must be 18 years or older.
Comments not meeting requirements will be deleted.
Please, only one email per person.
The mandatory entry must be done for any other entries to count.
Follow From PDX with Love publicly through GFC (bar @ the bottom of the page) and Like Eco Sprout on Facebook.
Extra entries (1 comment each unless otherwise noted)
- Follow From PDX with Love on Twitter
- Like From PDX with Love on FB
- Subscribe to From PDX with Love Rss Feed
- Subscribe to From PDX with Love via email (sidebar) +2
- Tweet: #win a bag of #EcoSprout #cloth #diaper detergent @frompdxwithlove http://bit.ly/fZiJ4Y #giveaway #contest #CD ENDS 03/24 +1 each (twice a day) leave link to your status
- Vote for us on Picket Fence Blogs (can be done daily)
- Blog about the giveaway (leave a link on your comment to the post on your blog) +2
- Enter another of my giveaways +2 each
Winner will be chosen using random.org and will be contacted via email. The winner will have 48hrs to respond or another winner will be chosen.
Disclosure: This was not a paid post. No other form of compensation was received. The opinions stated are my own and were in no way influenced by the Hosting Company who graciously provided the product for me to review.